CONTEMPORARY RN CASE MANAGER CERTIFICATE PROGRAM™ – Veteran Focused (32 CE)
Contemporary RN Case Managers focus on improving the health of chronically ill people and populations at risk for poor health outcomes. These roles include involvement in direct patient care and advocacy, practicing as a member of the patient’s care team, generating a nursing care plan in partnership with the patient, and using technology and behavioral health strategies to help patients accomplish their health objectives while providing ongoing assessment/care planning and medication management.
This 32 CE role development program is designed for Registered Nurses who are preparing to work in case/care management, care transitions or care coordinator positions across multiple settings. Program content bridges health policy and evidence with Contemporary RN Case Manager professional role development and emphasizes patient-centered application in clinical practice.
Registered Nurses enrolled in the Contemporary RN Case Manager Certificate Program will:
- Acquire the essential knowledge and skills needed to fill emerging roles in care coordination, care transitions, and case management across patient care settings.
- Be prepared to practice to their full potential as members of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Gain confidence in ability to perform and implement RN Case Manager and Advanced Care Coordination roles.
- Be positioned to meet CE eligibility requirements for specialty credentialing through ANCC and for recertification with both ANCC, the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and CCMC, the Commission for Case Managers Certification.
Who Should Enroll
- VA and non-VA Nurses who work with veterans, their families, and the community.
- Registered Nurses with care coordination or case management experience, whether certified or not, who need to expand practices to include Contemporary RNCM knowledge and skills.
- Registered Nurses new to RN Case Management, care management or care coordination.
- Registered Nurses working in advanced care coordination or case management positions across patient care settings within the VA System including: Tele-health, PACT, Home-based Primary Care, VA home visit or Respite RNs, etc.
- Registered Nurses working in positions to support coordination of care across patient settings including:
CE Accreditation Statement
- ONLINE This activity has been approved by the Wisconsin Nurses Association (WNA) for approval to award 32 contact hours. The WNA is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Approval # WICEAP28B
- BLENDED/LIVE EVENT This activity has been approved by the Wisconsin Nurses Association (WNA) for approval to award 32 contact hours. The WNA is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Approval # WICEAP28A
Continuing Education hours will be awarded only for those hours completed. 32 Hours is required for a Contemporary RN Case Manager certificate to be awarded.
RN Case Managers who are certified by CCMC, the Commission for Case Manager Certification, are required to submit 80 hours of continuing Education every 5 years. All Courses offered by the National RN Case Manager Training Center are pre-approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and accepted for renewal by CCMC. CCMC has posted clear downloadable instructions for submitting renewal CE. There is a nominal charge of $15.00 per submission for CE that has not been pre-approved by CCMC. See CCMC website renewal section for details. https://ccmcertification.org/stay-certified/renewal/renewal-guide
National RNCM Continuing Education courses are ANCC approved for use in all U.S. States and territories.
Online Learning Option
Online education is an effective course delivery strategy for learners who desire or need the convenience and flexibility to learn at their own pace and in their own environment. Online learning requires participants to be self-directed in completing program content. Comfort with technology and strong time management skills are a must. In this learning format, faculty utilize the Training Center’s eLearning platform to deliver lectures, course content, materials and practice resources and tools. Online Training is also available to organizations upon request.
Each of our online learning options are designed so that you can move through the content at your own pace coming in and out of the content as your time allows. Time spent on each topic may vary depending on individual pace and interest in course topics and learning activities.
CHOOSE WHICH ONLINE OPTION WORKS BEST FOR YOU
Enroll and Begin Including Tuition & Registration
With this option, register for the course, receive email confirmation with course access instructions and begin.
- Works well for RNs who are ready or need to complete the Program as soon as possible
- Work at your own pace, on your own schedule to complete content within 60 days
- Most RNs choosing this option complete in a shorter time frame than the allowed 60 days
- Receive regular messaging from Faculty
- 32 CE and Certificate of Completion awarded upon successful completion of the Program
Graduates have access to ongoing support through our Graduates Center located on our website which houses a Resource Library, Practice Toolkit and Supplemental content.
Pay as You Go Including Tuition & Registration
This option allows you to register and pay for each of the 4 sections in the Program one section at a time. Register for each section, receive email confirmation and begin.
- Works well for RNs who would like to break apart their tuition
- Work at your own pace, on your own schedule to complete content
- Upon successful completion of each section you are eligible to register for the next section at your convenience
- 30 days to complete each section
- Program must be completed in sequence
- Program content must be completed within 1 year of start date
- CE awarded following completion of each section based on hours completed. No CE will be awarded for incomplete sections
- Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion of all 4 sections
- Graduates have access to ongoing support through our Graduates Center located on our website which houses a Resource Library, Practice Toolkit and Supplemental content.
Section 1 VA – Fundamentals for Contemporary RNCMs I: $275 REGISTER
Section 2 VA – Fundamentals for Contemporary RNCMs II: $275 REGISTER
Section 3 VA – Contemporary RNCMs in Practice I: $275 REGISTER
Section 4 VA – Contemporary RNCMs in Practice II: $275 REGISTER