Contemporary RN Case Manager Certificate Program TM
Contemporary RN Case Managers focus on improving the health of chronically ill people and populations at risk for poor health outcomes. These roles include involvement in direct patient care and advocacy, practicing as a member of the patient’s care team, generating a nursing care plan in partnership with the patient, and using technology and behavioral health strategies to help patients accomplish their health objectives while providing ongoing assessment/care planning and medication management.
This 32 CE role development program is designed for Registered Nurses who are preparing to work in case/care management, care transitions or care coordinator positions across multiple settings. Program content bridges health policy and evidence with Contemporary RN Case Manager professional role development and emphasizes patient-centered application in clinical practice.
Registered Nurses enrolled in the Contemporary RN Case Manager Certificate Program will:
- Acquire the essential knowledge and skills needed to fill emerging roles in care coordination, transitions, and case management across patient care settings.
- Be prepared to practice to their full potential as members of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Gain confidence in ability to perform and implement RN Case Manager and Advanced Care Coordination roles.
- Be positioned to meet CE eligibility requirements for specialty credentialing through ANCC and for recertification with both ANCC, the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and CCMC, the Commission for Case Managers Certification.
Who Should Enroll
- Registered Nurses with care coordination or case management experience, whether certified or not, who need to expand practices to include Contemporary RNCM knowledge and skills.
- Registered Nurses new to RN Case Management, care management or care coordination.
- Registered Nurses who are responsible for supervision, program development or leadership of RN Case Manager/Care Coordinators.
- Registered Nurses working in positions to advance coordination of care across patient settings including: primary care, community-based outpatient clinics, specialty clinics and services, acute, (ED, discharge planning and transitional care), telehealth, home health, LTSS (Assisted Living, skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes) and hospice.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses pursuing care coordination knowledge for work with RN case managers in Accountable Care Organizations and Patient Centered Medical Homes, transitional care and/or leadership roles.
CE Accreditation Statement
ONLINE This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Up to 32 contact hours are awarded for successful completion. Approval # WICEAP28B.
BLENDED/LIVE EVENTThis continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Up to 32 contact hours are awarded for successful completion. Approval # WICEAP28A.
Continuing Education hours are valid in all States.
The Contemporary RN Case Manager Certificate Program TM is offered in both a Face to Face/Blended Learning Option as well as a fully Online Learning Option.